Helado de Chocolate Abuelita.
Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream (Abuelita Brand)
1½ C whole milk
1½ C heavy cream
2 Abuelita tablets, chopped
3 egg yolks, room temperature if possible
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate with the milk and cream. Mix until completely melted and warm. In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Add about ¼ cup of the warm chocolate mixture to the eggs, stirring constantly. Add another ¼ cup and continue stirring. Now put the warm egg mixture back into the warm chocolate and cook until it begins to thicken up, stirring constantly. When it thickens, strain the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Transfer it to your ice cream maker and use accordingly.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Muffins!
Recipe from bakerhi!
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Muffins adaptedvia Cookin’ Canuck
I made these killer strawberry muffins last night, and only took pictures with my phone. But I had to share the recipe because all my coworkers ate them and said they were really flippin’ awesome. They would also probably be really great with some icing, but you don’t really need it.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1.33 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat your oven to - you guessed it! - 350° F
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder & soda, salt)
- Mix the butter and sugar together until combined (I used a hand mixer this time around, if you have one do it up!)
- Add the eggs to the sugar/butter one by one, until all combined and then add the vanilla.
- Switching off, add the flour, yogurt, flour, yogurt, flour.
- Fold in your chopped up strawberries!
- Pour the batter into cupcake cups and bake for anywhere from 18-20 minutes.
BAKERHI NOTE: Mine took a little towards the longer end, also probably due to the fact that my strawberry slices were rather large.
Happy breakfast to you all! ;)
I am craving me some triple chocolate orgasms.